BSA Manager - Credit Systems
Location: Arlington, TX
Name: GM Financial
The BSA Manager - Credit Systems assists the AVP Credit Systems to direct a staff of Business Systems Analysts with responsibilities that include the gathering and documenting of requirements to facilitate enhancements, changes, and fixes within the Credit Systems applications. This team member will manage project initiatives, and direct and enforce departmental and corporate procedural standards for assigned personnel. BSA Manager - Credit Systems will provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to the team of Business Systems Analysts. Additional responsibilities include providing expert system support for the Originations related software applications used by multiple business departments.
- Directs the work of Credit Systems personnel in the revision or development of programs and systems in support of customer requirements.
- Ensures that completed projects are thoroughly tested and documented prior to implementation.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, appraising performance, resource assignments, employee development, rewarding and disciplining, resolving problems, and communicating necessary information on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains and improves staff's knowledge of network, software, system development, project management, tools, techniques and customer service skills.
- Perform duties with a positive attitude, seeks opportunities to create "win-win" situations for subordinates, ensures that all team members have a clear understanding of the company and department vision and strategy, and fosters a positive work environment.
- Assists the AVP of Credit Systems with team management, administration, and helps determine the strategic course of the team.
- Prepares and presents departmental status reports as required.
- Formulates and defines project scope and objectives based on the business needs, a thorough understanding of business systems, and industry standards.
- Assists the BSAs with gathering, analyzing, and documenting business and functional requirements and recommends innovative solutions.
- Leads, plans, organizes, and directs the implementation of business solutions in accordance with company and organizational strategies.
- Develops and manages relationships with business, internal and external IT partners to provide technology based solutions to business needs.
- Performs complex, advanced analysis to creatively solve problems.
- Identifies application risks, impacts, options and recommendations for risk mitigation.
- Coordinates interaction across multiple platforms and groups in order to produce quality deliverables.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
- Ensures compliance with company policies and standards.
- Maintains advanced technical and functional awareness and competence of support business applications, and organizational and industry technology standards.
- Ensures that each team member is effectively managing work/life balance. This includes ensuring that no employee consistently works unreasonable levels of overtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: AVP - Credit Systems
Direct Reports: Business Systems Analysts
- Advanced financial services experience with credit products and loan originations systems.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and standard Microsoft Office products and database applications.
- Advanced working knowledge of information systems and operations systems for supported business groups.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes for supported business groups.
- Ability to analyze work, set goals, develop plans of action, and utilize time effectively.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability and willingness to achieve organizational and individual goals by seizing opportunities and learning from experience.
- Ability to build consensus, use active listening skills, and work harmoniously with others in getting a job done while promoting a culture of teamwork, excellence, and integrity.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with all levels of the organization; ability to communicate concepts and processes in an easy to understand way to a diverse audience.
- Deadline oriented with a demonstrated understanding of expected delivery dates and the tasks necessary to achieve objectives.
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills with the ability to thoroughly research issues in a timely manner, identify and suggest solutions, and proactively implement corrective steps.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Good leadership skills with an ability to effectively lead and manage direct reports.
- Excellent customer service skills to customers both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information.
- Ability to embrace change and participate in exploring opportunities to improve.
- Willing to take initiative and proactively create the company's future by challenging the status quo.
- High school degree or equivalent required; college level courses preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems.
Work is conducted in a professional office environment subject to stressful situations arising from meeting deadlines, managing system outages or issues, and managing multiple projects and priorities. Some travel to company and vendor sites is required, including outside the United States. Evening and weekend work as required.