Location: Chicago, IL
This role assists in the development and maintenance of technical infrastructure strategies focusing on systems integration, stability, reliability, automation and serviceability. This postion will ensure infrastructure architectures solutions align with technology standards and patterns in both the infrastructure and application towers. The position ensures that infrastructure architectures are developed, maintained and integrated within the processes for strategy development and technology planning relating to organizational planning and budgetary constraints.
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Responsible for aligning technology patterns and approaches to business goals, especially from the point of view of customer satisfaction
• Leads the design and integration of business projects’ technical infrastructure, while overseeing and approving of technical designs from other solution providers, internal and external
• Ensures that the architectural design of the technology organization and its information systems are aligned to the organization's / business' objectives by partnering with Enterprise Architecture’s and Business specialists’ roadmaps and business plans.
• Assist with efforts to research new technologies that align with industry trends, cost savings and business needs. This includes leading proof-of-technologies, understanding industry suppliers and trends
• Assists in the development of organization-wide architecture standards for infrastructure, data interchange and common applications.
• Ensure complex and large projects adhere to the infrastructure standards and align with future strategic infra roadmaps.
• Proactively promote consistent project-based performance measurement and skill development of junior staff.
• Promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues.
• Provide input to staffing plans at the team levels as pertaining to changes in technology and skills-required
• Requires minimal supervision to perform job duties.
• Act as focal point as technical lead for complex projects
Experience and Educational Requirements
• College BS degree in relevant areas of technology is preferred
• 5-7 years relevant work experience required in Fortune500-level infrastructure design, implementation and operation.
• Well rounded understanding of technology, operations and key business processes.
• Highly flexible and able to adapt to change
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong team player with proven collaboration skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proven change agent who consistently delivers results
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership about complex technical issues, strategies and vision
• Office Automation: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio (na)
Relevant Technical Skills
1-3 years experience with:
• Big Data (Hadoop) solutions: Open and packaged solutions
• Cloud Automation and Management: AWS, Azure, Openstack, VMWare
• Virtualization and Hyperconvergence: Openstack, other vendors
3-5 years experience with:
• Call Center Technologies: ACD/PBX, CTI, IVR
• Databases: Oracle RDBMS, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Microsoft SQL Server
(capacity sizing, planning, performance tuning)
• Experience with design, capacity planning, performance design and availability design of x86/Unix servers, common storage arrays, LAN design, SAN design and security enforcement systems
5-7 years experience with:
• Telecom Business Applications: Billing & Rating, Activation & Provisioning, Inventory
• Management, CRM/Customer Service, Amdocs CES
• Information Risk Mgmt: High-Availability Design, Disaster Recovery Design
• Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web-integration
Standards & Methodology: ITIL, Agile, DevOps
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.