Java Application Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Java Application Developer to join our outstanding T&T team in San Diego, CA.
In this position, you will be actively engaged the development of web applications using modern web technologies with a Microservices architecture using Agile development for a DOD customer.
The developer will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast paced development cycles. The developer will be strong in Java development and who believes software engineering “process” is as important as technology. The developer will be a member of an Agile development team involved in the entire software development lifecycle, interfacing refactored capabilities with existing legacy system. Responsibilities of the developer will include:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Design and develop technology solutions that are capable of integrating with other components.
- Participating in detailed object-oriented analysis and design.
- Work with team members to review use cases for development
- Using JUnit to validate code.
- Supporting a range of “legacy” and modern browsers.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of development team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- 2+years of recent experience with object-oriented programming.
- 2+ years of recent experience developing and implementing web based applications with Java.
- 2+ years of recent experience writing unit tests and Junit.
- 2+ years of recent experience with source control, work item management, automated builds, and continuous integration.
- 2+ years of recent experience working on a team with 4 or more developers.
Education and/or Certifications
- 2+ years of recent experience developing within microservice architecture patterns.
- Recent experience using HTTPs, RESTful web services, AngularJS, Bootstrap, JQuery, XML and JSON constructs, and Tomcat.
- Recent experience with Scrum.
- Knowledge of interfacing with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases such as Accumulo on a Hadoop infrastructure.
- Recent experience with source control (SVN or Maven/Git), work item management, automated builds, continuous integration.
- Recent experience working on government funded programs.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Top Secret DoD Clearance is required.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com
for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.