Systems Engineering Technical Advisor (SETA)
Location: Huntsville, AL
Position on the consulting staff of a government-consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work location is on-site in Huntsville, AL. Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, be able to accomplish day-to-day task management from higher headquarters and key stakeholders. AMC’s Logistics Support Activity (LOGSA) has a current and enduring requirement for a Systems Engineering Technical Advisor (SETA) to support Enterprise Architecture and Business Intelligence efforts with the Army Enterprise Systems Integration Program (AESIP).
Must be comfortable interacting with key leadership, be articulate, and be proactive. Must be able to work in a highly charged and fast-paced environment to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with minimal guidance, seeking guidance and clarification as required. Interacts with staff at all levels and across organizational teams and subordinate programs. Must be an accomplished leader of people, development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise.
- The SETA must have Senior System and Application Architect as well as Software Development experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java, middleware, web applications, and data management.
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology architecture, software development, team management, and technology consulting both in the US Department of Defense as well as in the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience leading and managing software development projects in all life cycle phases a must.
- Specialist in Object Oriented analysis, design, and development with an emphasis on quality control in all phases of development is required.
- Expertise in Unified Software Development Process (USDP), Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Unified Modeling Language (UML). Expertise in logical and physical data modeling is preferred.
- Must be a strong proponent of streamlined development practices that rely on a keen understanding of requirements, innovative designs, visual model-driven development processes as well as the application of modern tools and techniques.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills are required. Must be an accomplished leader of people, development teams and project teams, experienced in client relationship management (CRM) at all levels of the enterprise.
Additional areas of expertise may include:
- Enterprise Architecture Development
- Engineering Analysis
- Operations & Program Management
- Professional & Technology Services Delivery
- Team Leadership
- Business Development
- Business Intelligence Best Practices
- Business Warehouse Design / Modeling
- Customer Relationships
- Software License Management
- Collaboration & Consensus Building
- Change Management
- Cost-Saving Initiatives
- Technology Integration
- High Performance Web Applications
- IT Infrastructure
- IT Transformation
- Cloud Computing (IaaS, SaaS PaaS)
- Emerging Big Data Technologies
- Architecture Design and Specification
- Application Design and Development
- Systems Integration
- Project Management