ERP Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Morrisville, NC
Pay: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00 /Year
Name: Vaco - Raleigh
We are seeking an experienced ERP / Business Intelligence (BI) Manager to upgrade, iterate and maintain our Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP platform. This position will be responsible for working with management to document requirements in a structured, change management environment, while testing and implementing changes in conjunction with a NAV developer. The ERP / BI Manager should be able to understand complex business processes and create efficiencies and solutions, utilizing best practices and accounting concepts regarding financial management, accounting, sales, inventory, distribution/warehousing, supply chain/procurement, manufacturing and direct to consumer ecommerce. The position is closely tied with process improvement and integration development and will work cross-functionally with other areas of the business to coordinate processes and create effective solutions within NAV.
This role will also lead our NAV 2009 R2/Classic to NAV 2017 reimplementation project; serving as project manager, solutions architect, and business/functional analyst, working in conjunction with internal team members and external resources, including our NAV partner. As the lead on this project, you will be responsible for the project schedule, resource management, scoping/requirements gathering, Fit-Gap analysis, process flow analysis, and business/functional/systems requirements documentation.
This position will also manage and administer our business intelligence infrastructure and be responsible for data accuracy and integrity. This person will lead a BI/Data Analyst that will foster data driven decision making and solve business problems by converting data into information, building decision models and facilitating insightful solutions to complex problems, and presenting the results in visually engaging, intuitive reports and dashboards. To ensure data integrity, this person will manage the change management processes to our ERP and related information systems that are connected to the BI platform.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain day-to-day NAV operations, supporting end users and troubleshooting errors.
- Serve as the primary SME (Subject Matter Expert) for all things NAV.
- Act as the main point of contact for ERP operations both internally and with NAV partners.
- Collaborate with company managers to design new functionality.
- Manage Integrations/EDI operations and work with key personnel in EDI mapping and integration processes.
- Analyze, document, and suggest system enhancements through communication with process users, technical staff and analysis.
- Modify existing systems as directed to improve system functionality and adjust to company process changes.
- Coordinate and manage external service providers on NAV related projects.
- Lead NAV re-implementation/upgrades and customizations.
- Maintain and enhance end-user documentation and training materials.
- Design, maintain and implement customizations when necessary, following change control processes.
- Manage business intelligence, enterprise reporting development and delivery.
- Ensure the design and operation of the BI solutions are appropriate to meet the information and decision support requirements of the business.
- Ensure data quality and consistency through set-up and/or changes to vendors, customers, inventory, etc.
- Audit data and develop recommendations for corrective actions and process improvements related to data creation and maintenance.
- Identify workflow improvements, implement new processes, interface across teams/departments and external resources.
- Identify root cause issues via data validation and problem solving techniques.
- Determine, identify and clarify project expectations, completion timeframes and deadlines.
- Provide oversight and direction for NAV developer and BI/Data Analyst.
- Determine, identify, and anticipate end-user needs.
- BA/BS degree in IT, computer science or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of hands-on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 or 2013+ functional and configuration experience.
- Full life-cycle NAV implementation, upgrading, configuration, support, training, and documentation of NAV.
- Business process analysis and design experience utilizing functional skills to support designing the business process and the use of Dynamics NAV to support the business process.
- Ability to work closely with technical staff to define and document user requirements and business/functional specifications.
- Manage existing and new functionality, business process redesign, systems improvements and enhancements.
- Experience with business process modeling (BPM) and translating requirements into a business application.
- Proven experience working with Lanham Associates modules for NAV, e.g. ACE Warehousing, E-Ship, E-Receive and EDI.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Distribution and/or Warehouse aspects of NAV.
- Experience with EDI configuration, processing and mapping within NAV.
- Experience working with change management systems and processes.
- Experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, enterprise reporting solutions and visualization tools.
- Advanced experience and demonstrated knowledge of Visio, Project, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio with an ability to visually describe and annotate business processes and flows.
- Proven ability to learn new business processes or applications very quickly.
Beneficial Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with NAV or other ERP/MES/WMS systems in a manufacturing, supply chain, ecommerce and omni-channel environment with retail product focus a plus.
- Experience with Product Information Management (PIM) and Master Data Management (MDM) Systems.
- Implementing NAV in an international, multi-language/currency environment.
- General knowledge of Transact SQL, SQL Server, C#/.NET, SharePoint, Power BI, SSRS and JetReports.
- Experience with Accounting and GAAP compliance requirements.
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and forecasting systems.
- PMP, CPIM, CSCP, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV certifications
- NAV C/Side, C/AL coding, reports, forms, tables, code units, and data/XML ports.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work with both technical, and non-technical user communities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute competing tasks.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- The ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Adaptability to rapidly evolving business needs and competing priorities.