Senior Developer (Java), IT Originations
Location: Southfield, MI
Name: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Senior Developer (Java/ J2EE)
Why Work For Credit Acceptance?
Credit Acceptance is rapidly-expanding our IT department with a variety of dynamic opportunities. Our culture has landed us on Computerworld's list of the Best Places to Work in IT. In each of the last 4 years, we have held a spot in the top 2 for midsized companies nationwide. In addition, we are also proud to say over the last 4 years we have been named one of Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our team members and culture create a positive workplace that drives us to succeed, making Credit Acceptance one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Credit Acceptance offers team members in the IT Department:
- Competitive market-based salary with quarterly profit sharing and annual merit bonuses
- Excellent benefits package that includes 401(K) match, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical/dental/vision and much more
- Unlimited opportunity for career growth as demonstrated by our track record of promoting internally
- High-performance, challenging, collaborative atmosphere
- Opportunity to work with progressive technologies, including the latest database, development, storage, and computer technologies available
- Unlimited business training and career development opportunities
- Strong work-life balance with generous PTO beginning on day 1
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for driven, proficient, and collaborative Senior Developer to continue to lead our market growth. Our ideal candidate will:
- Design, develop, test and implement features and code using Java / J2EE, Ajax
- Help End Users Understand application features to accomplish their business purposes
- Partner with Database and Middleware Administrators to achieve great application performance
- Demonstrate advanced skills while coaching and mentoring less senior team members
- Design, code, test and deliver insightful and architecturally sound business solutions on high complexity work
- Document code and projects so others can easily understand
- Fulfill customer requirements as measured in customer survey scores
- Show insight; know your application design & data; offer simple, working solutions
- Apply team coding, documenting and testing standards and recommend process improvements
- Recognize upstream and downstream impacts; communicate effectively (verbally & in writing)
- Learn the Business Process Your Application Supports so your code will better support the business
- Improve your application and team processes
- Decrease incidents and increase uptime of your application
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working on multi-tiered Web Application Development, using Java / J2EE
- Minimum of 5 years' experience using web servers, application servers, and RDBMS
- Practical expertise in software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
- Willingness to participate in an on-call development rotation 24x7x365
- Remain compliant with our policies, processes and legal guidelines
- Financial Services Industry experience
- Experience w/ Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, SOA, Web Services, JUNIT, automated builds
- Knowledge of Unix Scripting and job scheduling
- Knowledge of PL/SQL
At Credit Acceptance, we offer highly-competitive salaries based on current market evaluations, along with a comprehensive benefits package. In addition to a salary based on experience, you'll also receive quarterly profit-sharing bonuses and annual merit bonuses. Salaries are reviewed annually and adjusted according to performance evaluation and market area estimations.
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to demonstrate the characteristics of PRIDE (our Company core values) in their work:
- Positive: Maintain a positive attitude by focusing on solutions and promoting a collaborative and enjoyable environment.
- Respectful: Value teamwork, share successes, appreciates others and communicates in a way that promotes trust.
- Insightful: Make timely well-considered decisions, create innovative solutions and continuously learn.
- Direct: Communicate clearly and objectively; don't be afraid of difficult conversations. Raise concerns through the proper channels.
- Earnest: Be honest, sincere and consistent. Work hard and pursue our goals together relentlessly.
Ready to Apply?
If you think you would be a good fit for this position, we would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your resume to our corporate team by clicking the "Apply" button above.
Want to Learn More?
Credit Acceptance is a rapidly-expanding company with unlimited growth opportunities. Learn more about what makes us a great place to work by clicking here.
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is an equal opportunity employer.