Location: Morrisville, NC
Name: Marie Badger
Modis is partnered with one of the largest financial services institutions nationwide and they are a leader in capital markets, global markets and investment baking. Our client has a MQ Administrator for a long term contract up to two years with possible conversion. If you meet the requirements below, please apply or call for consideration.
MQ Administrator Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate as an active member of the worldwide Middleware support team and take position in off-hours support / The support team monitors and assures the stability of the production environments worldwide and provides support to the firms application developers.
• In addition to monitoring the existing systems, the support team members must also build and customize existing environments. The support aspect of this role requires knowledge of many technologies. We need to support the operational systems and the developers.
• Become proficient in all company Messaging Technologies (B2B, Foboca, OMB, EMS etc...)
• Participate in the Global Oncall Rotation
• Comply with all team processes and Standards
• Complete Projects as assigned by the team leader
• Solid technical background in WebSphere Message Broker and/or IBM MQ/WebSphere MQ. Experience with Linux and Solaris/Unix is essential.
• Applicant must be a quick learner. Good familiarity with technical architecture concepts. Strong research and information gathering skills. Good business/technical writing skills for requirements communication, knowledge transfer and status reporting Ability to work on own initiative, researching and following up issues is important..
• Knowledge of Geneos or BMC Monitoring products (Configuration and Administration) is Preferable
• Knowledge of Codestreet Replay Service a plus
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Excellent communication skills a must
• TIBCO EMS Experience is a plus
If you meet the requirements of this MQ Administrator Job opportunity or are interested in other IT positions, please visit and apply directly at our website, www.modis.com or (Email Address Withheld by Request) !