Business/Program Management Analyst
Location: Huntsville, AL
This position on the consulting staff of a government consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA. Work location is on-site in Huntsville, AL. The position requires an extensive background in DoD/Army budgeting as well as cost analysis to assist in the performance of budget administration functions such as the formulation, execution, and review of budgets. Duties include assisting in budget preparation, developing annual program spend plans, budget execution, cost estimating, financial analysis and reporting.
Under the guidance of the assigned government lead, manage day to day budget and cost program management from GCSS-Army Increment 2, PM AESIP, and key stakeholders. Must be comfortable interacting with key leadership, articulate, and proactive. Must be able to work in a highly charged and fast paced environment to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with minimal guidance, seeking guidance and clarification as required. Interacts with staff at all levels and across organizational teams and subordinate programs.
- In-depth working knowledge and experience with the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) process and Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE).
- Management and execution of OMA, RDTE, and OPA funds within the Army Accounting System, General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS). Work with PM AESIP analysts and assist in the creation and management of funding documents on an as needed basis. Familiar with Electronic Document Access (EDA and Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
- Work closely with program cost estimators to develop and understand methodologies for the Program Office Estimate (POE) and Cost Analysis Requirements Document (CARD).
- Must be able to extract financing/budgeting reports from GFEBS on an as needed basis
- Assist in development of Quarterly Program Review (QPR) and Weapon System Review (WSR) charts with PM Senior leadership to the Program Executive Officer, PEO EIS as well as Smart Charts for Congressional staffer review.
- Be familiar with P and R forms in order to develop POM submission. Ensure budget data is current in the Army Portfolio Management System (APMS). Be able to prepare impact statements for program decrement scenarios.
- Monitor all funding and travel for the PD offices and government travelers for the GCSS-Army Increment 2 Product Office.
- Work with program cost estimators to develop the product office spend plan, compile all requirements, track the execution of the spend plan with Product Director and Deputy Product Director. This includes working with Team Leads to efficiently plan and send funding, and ensure all execution is completed in the fourth quarter.
- Brief senior management including the PD and Deputy PD on the current Status of Funds and the execution of the spend plan.
- Track the fiscal year costs and spend plan of GCSS-Army’s contract with the System Integrator.
- Coordinating and planning the receipt of funding with Headquarters, to ensure funding is received prior to any and all urgent requirements.
- Compiling and tracking the program overhead, including all of the PM office, support contractors, and matrix support, and all overhead facility costs.
- Coordinating with contracting and personnel offices to ensure appropriated dollars are obligated on a timely manner, assist contracting offices in understanding GFEBS transactions, and assist in the resolution of issues.
- Tracking the obligation of all outgoing MIPRS and PWDs.
- Review cost reports from support contractors and provide input to the COR.
- Coordinate with customers, System Integrator, Contracts, and other team members to ensure proper procedures are followed for the request of on-site support, providing a valid cost estimate, helping to establish the support agreement, compile memorandum for staffing, and providing the customer with a valid obligating document.
- Pre-brief leadership on all external suspense’s prior to submission.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with Assistant Product Managers, ASA FM&C, ABO, and ODASA-CE as well as all other GFEBS stakeholders.
- Attend and provide input into all Budget and Contracting meetings with the System Integrator.
- Complete checklists accurately for management and internal controls.
- Must be proficient in MS PowerPoint, specifically in development of briefing slides for Army and Department of Defense leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess/obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Minimum education requirement is BA/BS level.
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) and/or DAWIA Level III certification in Business Financial Management is highly desired.
- Availability for occasional travel (10%)
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a government program/office and possess understanding of and experience with U.S Army ACAT program office.
- Expertise in the use of various computer (hardware and software) and peripheral packages/devices to include Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional version, DTS.