RF Systems Engineer
Location: Linthicum, MD
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 /Hour
Name: John Burda
Our customer is the largest communications solutions provider to the Federal Government supporting various agency's and departments. This will be a Linthicum, MD based position for a RF Systems Engineer with wireless experience communications system design and site survey experience.
Systems Engineer to support Federal Protective Service and US Postal Service accounts. Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree required. Alternate degrees or technology degrees not accepted. Must be legally eligible for employment in the US.
Our Client has a multi-year contract with USPS to support survey, design, and installation of UHF (406-420MHz) land mobile radio systems in US Postal mail handling facilities nationwide. The survey is designed to document the existing system and to plan for removal of that system and design/installation of a replacement system. Systems are small and typically consist of one or two digital TDMA repeaters tied to five to ten in-building antennas. Engineering support tasks include:
* Perform site surveys and testing of performance/coverage of existing RF communications systems
* Gather frequency information on-site using frequency counter
* Gather existing system in-building system configuration from on-site survey
* Generate Survey Reports (report of current system configuration and new recommended communications solution)
* Build bill of material listing (i.e. equipment list), must be proficient with Excel
* Generate System Description
* Finalize Bill of Materials (equipment list)
* Support order bridging process.
* Generate Acceptance Test Plans
* Telephone support (field questions when installers call about survey/pre-sale documentation questions)
* Conduct in-field coverage testing (in-building voice quality testing)
* Finalize System Documentation
BSEE or BSCE degrees preferred, but a relative BS is required.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.