Information Assurance Engineer
Location: Norfolk, VA
Clearance Level Needed:
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation&s security.
ManTech's Mission Solutions and Services (MSS) group is seeking a skilled Information Assurance Engineer for its Norfolk, VA location. The Information Assurance Engineer will be supporting NAVSEA PMO-IT with various Information Assurance tasks.
Qualified personnel will be required to perform the following job responsibilities:
• Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of NAVSEA PMO-IT information systems during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle.
• Interpret Information Assurance requirements into technical solutions and analyze system configurations to determine, maintain and improve security posture.
• Recommend proper system configuration and administration control procedures to enhance system security, performance, and to ensure NAVSEA PMO-IT information systems are compliant with applicable laws and policies, and meet Information Assurance requirements outlined in the Defense Acquisition System guidance as well as all applicable Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of the Navy (DoN) Information Assurance (IA) directives and instructions.
• Assist with documenting and implementing an Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program for NAVSEA PMO-IT information systems.
• Develop and document the system hardware and software configuration of Navy shipyard application systems and update as required.
• Provide Information Assurance support for information systems security to address policymaking, programmatic and technical assistance, and all aspects of planning, documentation, engineering, and operating secure Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information (UNNPI) information systems and resources for Navy shipyard applications.
• Collaborate with internal security and IT staff to ensure the continued compliance and secure operation of accredited information systems.
• Generate network/system diagrams to depict ports, protocols and boundaries.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) required.
Security Testing and Evaluation Experience
A secret clearance is required
Knowledge of Navy shipyard applications
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven of related experience and ability to obtain a security clearance.