AWS Application DBA
Location: Warner Springs, CA
Our client is currently seeking a AWS Application DBA
Location: Columbus ->Santa Monica -> Irvine -> Seattle -> Other (Boston, NY, or remote)
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- The platform team is looking for nice, smart, and adaptable people to join the application database engineering team.
- The key trait is thought leadership through problem solving:
- This individual must exhibit independent creativity, a curiosity to research new technologies and methodologies, and a pervasive desire to dig into complex technical issues while respecting timelines in seeking the simplest solution to a problem.
- In order to be fully effective candidates will need to understand and apply knowledge from several different disciplines: Software Development, Application Database Engineering, Database Administration, Data Warehousing, Data Architecture and Cloud Computing.
- The responsibilities will entail supporting the persistence technologies and data design relationships on the clients PreK through 12th platform and associated applications through core functions:
- Developing technology solutions in an RDBMS environment (PostGres, MySQL) including tuning packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views;
- Developing optimized solutions in a graph database environment (DSE, Titan) including TinkerPop graph stack (Gremlin graph query language) with specialization in Cassandra
- Developing search solutions on ElastiSearch based search technologies including optimizing indexes, creating/organizing facets & filters
- Developing data models including data structures, metadata modeling and data governance.
- Performing logical and physical schema design, parent-child relationships, many-to-many relationships, normalization, denormalization, clusters, indexes, and IOTs;
- Participating in an Agile scrum development team, providing story point estimates and tracking effort against task, weekly grooming sessions, sprint planning, and daily stand ups.
- The ideal candidate shall possess (or demonstrate competencies to learn) these skills:
- Experience in design, development, and management of data on Cassandra clusters and nodes, including performance, capacity planning, and cost forecasting
- Experience in configuring, tuning, and optimizing RDBMS solutions on AWS Aurora and RDS, with storage expertise in indexing, access methods, locking, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup/restore and buffer management
- Experience with database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
- Experience in NoSQL system implementation, distributed systems, consensus-based quorum replication
- Experience in data security and encryption algorithms
- Knowledge of advance coding skills SDLC of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles, design patterns, application architectures, unit, integration, and system testing strategies.
- Knowledge of middleware caching strategies such as Redis, Couchbase, ElastiCache
- Engineer (design and code) solution in the most clear, concise and optimal way possible based on time and other constraints; coordinate best development approach with Architects, Engineers, Database Developers, and others.
- Knowledge of the layers of connectivity from a service call to the DB, transaction control, isolation level, etc.; review existing code and recommend refactoring where applicable
- Knowledge of CI/CD build lifecycle, version control and release management: Jenkins, GitHub, Sonar, Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Knowledge of AWS services such as: EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Lambda, EMR, Hadoop, Kinesis, RedShift, S3, DynamoDB, Apache Spark