Senior Software Engineer
Location: Oakland, CA
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer. If you believe your skill set aligns with the description below, please send updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
*THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE POSITION, W2 ONLY, NO C2C*
Software Engineer Senior
We are looking for a self-starter Senior Software Engineer with excellent technical expertise to help us build our Next Gen Consumer Applications Suite.
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable & responsive consumer applications supporting high traffic volumes.
- Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that will drive the next generation.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by UI Developers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- You will communicate with customers and deliver high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
- You will work and collaborate with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team.
About The Team
We (Customer Experience group) are responsible for making new Shopping, Buying, Self Service and Provider Directory search experience amazing.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
- 2+ years of extensive experience building production application with Node.js
- 2+ years of Full Stack Front-End experience. Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficient in building and consuming of Restful Web service, JSON based request response.
- Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications.
- Good understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
- Strong experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant applications.
- Proficient with writing unit test case using any of the testing framework like Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.
- Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Process
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Understanding of Relational, No SQL databases.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Linux environment & container technology such as docker.
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk or ELK.
- Experience with distributed cache like Redis.