SAP SR. BUSINESS CONSULTANT - IBP
Location: Dallas, TX
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The SAP IBP Business Consultant functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, performing current state analysis, defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation. This position performs accurate analysis and effective diagnosis of client issues and manages day-to-day client relationships at peer client levels.
- Analyze customers’ business requirements and tailor the use of the system to meet those objectives.
- Identify and understand end users' (across functions) technical SAP requirements build and maintain strong end user relationships as single-point-of-contact for all SAP and IT-related matters
- Document and analyze software, and/or system functional requirements from key stakeholders, develop project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions, install and configure SAP to meet each client’s individual requirements, assist with data conversion, and provide end-user training and on-going customer support.
- Liaise with key business users for business requirements and translating them into SAP requirements. Liaise with all aspects of production procurement, testing and implementation. Work with SAP developers to custom make SAP Modules to meet the business requirements of buy/sell operations
- Manage the project team, project rollout/implementation and SAP upgrades. Keep up-to-date on product releases and new technologies.
- Provide strategic consultancy support to assigned customers in defining or designing business processes and researching and identifying enabling technologies based on customer requirements; documents existing customer business processes, identifies inefficiencies and recommends improvements for these systems.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices relevant to the assigned client business; partners with customers to develop business case justification for applications projects; identifies customer business requirements for significant enhancements to existing systems and for new development projects; translate requirements into business rules and user interfaces; coordinate systems design efforts with end user interactions
- Develop, documents and maintains best practices, project standards, procedures, application, quality objectives and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing
- progress; ensures that applications systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices; develops and delivers training on and emphasizes the use of established project standards, methodology and quality objectives
- Monitor and report on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating plans and standards; provide information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; present reports on project performance, changes, enhancements, scope variations, and other related matters and/or participate in key management activities and committees advising IS senior management and business unit project sponsors accordingly.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- Demonstrated expertise in SAP APO and IBP with at least 2 full-life cycle implementations
- Strong knowledge of demand planning and integrated business planning functions, sales and Operational Planning, Demand Planning, Supply Planning Inventory Planning Management
- Flexibility and adaptability – our employees work on everything from design to hands-on configuration and can stretch into new roles
- Nice to have Previous experience implementing SAP in manufacturing industry as either a client, a consultant, or both
- Preferred experience in S/4 Hana logistics integration with IBP and execution
- Strategic planning and analysis and management consulting experience with strong emphasis on relationship management and resource management
- Business Process re-engineering or process improvement experience with broad-based information systems. Experience utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Project management experience that involves executing large-scale, high dollar and high risk projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as business unit/division, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Positive, self-motivated and an exceptional desire to win. Superior people skills: team-oriented, fast learner and personable understanding of business requirements and functionality
- Understanding of integrated business management systems. Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts and define alternatives & prioritizations to remove technical roadblocks. Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers and senior management.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching decisions.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and to achieve results through team efforts. Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Consistently proven ability to implement projects and contribute to concept development
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.