Product Manager LAN/WAN Services
Location: Houston, TX
This role can be located anywhere in the US. Remote or in a Windstream office (if available).
The Product Manager of LAN/WAN services will provide product direction through an ongoing assessment of current offerings, pricing, promotions and positioning. The Product Manager will own the entire product lifecycle and user experience and will develop and evaluate opportunities for new products and/or line extensions, line consolidations and EOL activities; and identify new target markets and related strategies. This person will work in a matrix organization to create, evaluate and implement new product initiatives / enhancements and process improvements. The product manager is also responsible for supporting sales and process improvement initiatives as well as supporting specific sales efforts.
• Identify opportunities to grow revenue and improve margin through the introduction of adjacent services, development of incremental capabilities, new product packages/bundles, improvements to service delivery and support, and supporting key sales opportunities
• Gather, evaluate and prioritize customer requirements. Responsible for crafting the Product Requirements Document, Business Case, and help the Product Developer with bringing new product/features to market.
• Drive and provide support for all aspects of the product marketing plan (pricing, customer targeting, positioning, channel)
• Develop ideas and recommendations toward product, process and system improvements. Ensure supporting processes and systems are current and optimized. Drive towards a streamlined quote to cash system/process for the product.
• Prepare and deliver product presentations, service and solution sales training and subject matter expertise assistance.
• Regularly track and analyze funnel, revenue, margin and product operational performance metrics and design, propose and execute methods to improve product execution
• Regularly analyze and report Customer Satisfaction results and drive initiatives to increase the net promoter score
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred
• A combination of education and experience is acceptable
• Able to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority and have excellent teamwork skills
• Attention to detail with advanced organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to drive results both individually and in a matrixed environment that is geographically dispersed. Technical aptitude to understand product dynamics and recommend product enhancements.
• Effective communication skills and ability to produce executive level presentations
• Strong financial and business acumen
College degree and 4-6 years professional level experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or 8 years professional level related experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.