IT Systems Administrator
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
We are recruiting for a IT Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator maintains and monitors end-user workstations and productivity on a local area network. The Systems Administrator performs a variety of maintenance; software installation, end-user support and training to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements for facilities located in three countries. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for the tracking and maintenance of key IT assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based LAN.
• Manages the help desk ticket system. Promptly prioritizes and assigns tasks to self or other team members using the ticket system.
• Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; and tests and implements solutions.
• Organizes and manages IT assets, including: organizing storage space; labeling equipment; installing hardware and software; and supporting office and cell moves.
• Investigates and makes recommendations for new software applications to support and improve business processes.
• Tests upgrades and new releases of system software for compatibility with current applications, systems and network infrastructure.
• Ensures all security protocols are applied to servers and system software.
• Troubleshoots system software, and develops and/or applies patches and fixes.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma Required. Bachelor degree preferred.
• Minimum 2-4 years of computer servicing/help desk experience.
• Working knowledge of computing platforms and operating systems.
• Working knowledge of computer security protocols and systems.
• Working knowledge of network architectures, systems analysis and systems design.
• Working knowledge of client/servicer database applications.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to provide remote support via e-mail, phone, and remote desktop connection.
• Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers and related hardware and software.
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and organize resources.
• Strong problem solving/analytical skills.
• Provide white glove customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information to groups of people.
• Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
• Knowledge of UNIX/Linux, preferred.
• Knowledge of VMware, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, and MS Exchange, preferred.
• Experience in an ITAR-regulated environment a plus.
• Experience in an ITIL environment a plus.
• Experience in a Microsoft System Center environment a plus.
• Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Ability to regularly bend, stoop, crawl, and reach with both arms.
• Ability to travel occasionally.