Temp to Hire Information Security Administrator
Location: Metro NYC, MO
Pay: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 /Year
Corporate Overview: We are the corporate, investment, and financial services arm of the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 36 million clients spread over two retail banking networks. With more than 16,000 employees, the Bank has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into three main business lines: Wholesale Banking, Investment Solutions & Insurance, and Specialized Financial Services.
The Security Administrator plays an important role in guaranteeing the secure operation for critically defined applications throughout the Firm. The administrator is primarily responsible for analyzing and reviewing applications to ensure security standards are met or exceeded and is responsible for ensuring that adequate controls (e.g. segregation of duties) and permissions exist in each application supported by the group.
Due to the sensitive activities and critical coverage that is required to support these applications, the administrator must be a trustworthy individual who will uphold the confidentiality requirements and data integrity of the firm.
The Security Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Evaluate supported application enterprise security posture and needs; develop and maintain short and long terms plans to meet them.
- Work with USIT and end users to gather and document security requirements and translate into designs for new applications.
- Review security access controls for new critical applications/systems and report deficiencies to management.
- Review access controls to identify vulnerabilities and the appropriate solutions to eliminate or minimize their potential effects.
- Be available to provide as-needed support on security issues.
- Create and maintain user accounts and assign access privileges to critical trading and banking applications.
- Manage the removal process for application access for terminated employees.
- Provide password reset support for the various critical applications.
- Perform/assist in troubleshooting and problem analysis by working with application teams, network teams, vendors, etc. in diagnosing production user access issues.
- Support both internal and external audits as they relate to application access and Security Administration.
- Reconcile user access profiles.
- Develop and maintain the various procedures for assigning user access to supported critical applications.
- Certify access control rules for all supported applications in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure business units have defined security groups which fulfill their security responsibilities yet allow for a seamless business flow.
- Assist in developing and managing strategies for absorbing additional applications and services.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical school certificate in Computer Science or related field required.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Solid verbal and written communication is a must; the ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, working under pressure to meet deadlines, and the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced and changing environment
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic
- CISSP, MCSE, or relevant designations highly preferred