Location: West Chester Township, OH
Name: Caleb Bellow
Supports clients’ server and network environments as member of Logicalis’ 24x7x365 operations team, headquartered in West Chester, OH. Responsible for incident and change management support of devices and resources monitored by Logicalis Managed Services including Windows, Unix, Linux servers, System i devices, network devices and applications as well as other supported configuration items for internal and client systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs break/fix troubleshooting, server/software updates and feature enhancements to Windows, Linux and Unix servers, Cisco networking devices and general IT infrastructure.
- Understands Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and follows predefined ITIL incident, problem and change management processes in place for each client when working to resolve client requests or outages.
- Responds and solves client issues utilizing technology tools, procedures, and training.
- Utilizes Service Now ticketing system for detailed documentation of incident troubleshooting, planning and implementing change records and outlining root cause analysis details for problem records.
- Communicates frequently with clients, hardware/software vendors and Service Delivery Managers during incident resolution.
- Creates and maintains technical and process documentation for troubleshooting purposes.
- Maintains current knowledge of core service offerings and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Understands all Logicalis service offerings to better support client as well as expanding any service offering to current clients.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with client service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s Degree in a related field.
- 2 years of experience in multiple technologies, including any of the following:
- Window Server administration: Exchange, Active Directory; 2000 & 2003, Server 2008
- Linux server administration
- Any type of clustering: Citrix, VMware, Symantec Enterprise AV solutions
- Veritas NetBackup
- Network technologies: Cisco, switch/route, ASA, IPT, UCCX
- IBM Technologies - AIX or Series i
- Experience working in ITIL-based incident tracking system (Service-Now, CA Service Desk).
- Understanding of network and server monitoring tools and technologies.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
One of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Linux Certified Administrator (LCA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA A+ / CompTIA Network+
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to execute tasks, projects, and troubleshooting with minimal supervision and with sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize to meet critical SLA deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interaction skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and technical/business communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate requests from multiple customers and Logicalis Account Executives and respond in timely fashion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws