Ford Certified Auto Technician
Location: Plainville, CT
Name: Karl Schmidt
Phone: (860) 261-3000
- Automotive Technicians perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders on Cars & Trucks with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or Ford standards
- Automotive technicians diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification
- Mechanics provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
- Explain diesel & gasoline mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
As an Automotive Technician, you will be experienced and aware of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver. We have determined some factors that may enable your success as an Automotive Technician:
- Ford Certified technicians required
- All Ford certified technicians considered and are encouraged to apply
- Willing to talk to recent tech school graduates with Ford Fact Credentials
- Candidates with non-Ford brand certifications (ie. Chrylser or General Motors) will also be considered and are encouraged to apply
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.