Location: Dakota Dunes, SD
Name: Dave Meland
Phone: (712) 258-0171
Job Description: IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician will serve as the first point of contact in all break/fix incidents, as well as all general IT requests. This employee will strive for one-call resolution and see ticket resolution through to completion. This position is responsible for support of the organization's entire information management system, including computer hardware and software installation, maintenance, and support for users’ local area networks (LAN), as well as remote sites.
● Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues.
● Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity.
● Responds to telephone, email and on-line requests for technical support.
● Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools.
● Performs all hardware upgrades and repairs to the entire LAN including hubs, routers, printers and workstations.
● Promptly addresses system-wide and individual PC operational problems, and, when required closely manages contracted maintenance.
● Keeps track of warranties and service agreements and renews or extends when necessary.
● Installs and supports existing software applications.
● May coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user problems.
● Other job related duties will be assigned or removed as needs dictate.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or technical degree preferred, with a minimum of five years relevant experience.
Must have intermediate skills/knowledge in some of the following:
● Network security concepts & Information security best practices
● Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
● Windows 7 and Windows 10 administration
● Microsoft Office products
● TCP/IP networking
Experience with the following preferred:
● Windows Group Policy
● Fortinet security products & Network devices
● Cisco switches and network devices
● AS400, or similar ERP