Variable Data Printer Programmer
Location: Dayton, OH
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year
**VARIABLE DATA PRINTER PROGRAMMER**
Our client, leader in their industry for over 40 years, is in need of a Variable Data Printer Programmer to add to their team.
The main purpose of the Variable Data Printer Programmer is to program formats for thermal and high speed laser printers incorporating logic based on customer business rules. You will develop encoding logic for RFID products and maintain detailed understanding of bar-coding standards.
The main responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Design thermal and laser formats
- Design RFID formats
- Qualify RFID printers and RFID stock for production
- Test formats validating both print quality and adherence to required business rules
- Distribute formats for global production and approve test samples
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems or questions
- Monitor issue log for ALS operational issues
- Test printing equipment and accessories such as cutter stacker and RFID encoder
The successful candidate MUST have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience
- Must have knowledge of XML, Visual FoxPro, SQL Server 2008, Java script, SQL queries, basic VB scripting
- Experience in Bartender is a must. NiceLabel or digital/offset formatting experience is a plus
- Experience with thermal printers, Zebra, Tec and laser printers required
- Familiarity with JPEG, image manipulation, and fonts required. Adobe InDesign and RFID experience along with experience in In-Plant printing implementation is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to produce quality work with good organizational skills
- Excellent technical verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work alone or on a team, engaging with customers to devise products/solutions that produce superior value and performance
- Ability to be innovative and possess creative thinking skills to propose new solutions to challenging and complex issues
- Computer knowledge in Windows environment, using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 5-10%, mostly within North America but with some potential for periodic international travel
A competitive compensation package as well as being a part of a company that delivers excellent quality to their industry make this an excellent opportunity!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer