Instructional Designer & LMS Administrator
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., was founded on four core values: Honor, Integrity, Continually Seeking Knowledge and Having Fun. These core values are the foundation for every Red Robin decision from creating its mouthwatering gourmet burgers to hiring energetic Team Members and even to deciding new restaurant locations. They also are the foundation for how the company treats its Team Members, Guests and communities. Red Robin's core values can be found embroidered on the sleeve of every Team Member's uniform, which serves as a constant reminder of what makes the company unique and special.
Red Robin's core values and unbridled atmosphere is at the heart of the company's energizing culture and its nearly 32,000 Team Members across North America.
Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining core training programs and administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) and will participate in evaluating training needs and provide input to the Director of Learning & Program Development for the design of new curriculum and ensure the LMS is fully leveraged.
You will ensure that all programs and materials are current, maintained accurately on the LMS, and support Red Robin Team Member and Manager growth and development in foundational areas of the business.
Instructional Systems Design – Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Assess, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions to support Team Member and Manager development.
- Determine learning and material requirements for L&D projects
- Leverage training time, people and costs by identifying the most effective learning methods to support training program goals
- Develop and implement style guide and design document standards to ensure consistency across projects
- Increase resource efficiency through the development of learning content that is easy to update, manage, and customize
- Produce effective instructional content that integrates into the overall training system for TM and/or Manager training
- Evaluate training programs and materials to ensure end-user needs are met
- Research and implement e-learning tools and best practices to maximize training effectiveness
- Work with LMS vendor to master system configurations, capability, and limitations
- Ensure support is provided to all LMS users
- Manage and test all system upgrades and craft communication plan for users
- Ensure LMS hosted content is relevant, current, and aligns with standards and communication housed within other Red Robin systems
- Manage the L&D project deliverables and timelines to achieve goals, objectives, and quality expectations.
- Partner with L&D and other department Team Members to identify, develop, and execute programs that meet project goals and learning objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans to communicate progress and actions required to meet deliverable expectations
Multimedia/Graphic Design /Desktop Publishing
- Develop and produce multimedia elements to support e-learning, print and blended learning solutions.
- Assess training material and program needs to create visual image packaging to support end-user needs
- Develop multimedia elements to support e-learning content (graphics, video, audio, etc.
The ability to collaborate with others and build effective teams is essential. Specific attributes are:
- Builds trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
- Manages constant change and effectively handles unexpected events
- Influences results without having to resort to using authority
- Makes tough and timely decisions and takes personal accountability for results
- Sees the impact of current decisions on the future and design solutions that solve problems systemically (Strategic thinking)
- Ability to relate to and partner with people with different personalities and behavior styles
- Goal-oriented and does not lose focus on what is important
- Aligns the right measures with the right outcomes
- Integrates strategy, structure, process and people
- Balances humility with a drive to get things done
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing conditions
- Mental toughness – self confident, persistent and resilient
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Instructional Design, or Industrial/Organizational psychology; Masters degree preferred
- Several years of experience in developing instructional materials with experience developing blended and e-learning solutions preferred.
- A strong background in blended and distance learning
- Extensive ability and experience with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is a plus
- Experience with UPK
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; has the ability to plan, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Ability to effectively build and manage processes, tools and systems
- Ability to translate ideas into clear written and visual materials/communication
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience in the food service or restaurant industry a nice to have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and systems skills
- Experience with DACUM a nice to have