Location: Garden City, NY
The Data Architect’s role is to plan, coordinate and supervise all activities related to the design, development and implementation of organizational information systems and data. The Data Architect is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing data sources. The Data Architect will work with the business systems architects and application developers to streamline data governance, data cleansing, data normalization, and usage patterns. The Data Architect will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the data team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and business intelligence solutions, including, but not limited to, the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Governance Process, Reporting, Dashboards, etc..
The Data Architect designs and implements robust and scalable solutions to establish and maintain data across all corporate environments. The Data Architect identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing business needs, preferences, goals and objectives and translating these into data structures and elements. The Data Architect develops and implements data solutions in support of the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence environments that provide value-added services and enables data identification, cleansing and validation to meet industry best practices for management and security. The Data Architect documents data workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards and prepares data specifications, organization of data, and high-level information architecture documentation. The Data Architect collaborates with Business and Information Technology to develop the data design and solution, as well as, with the Enterprise Architect to align with the strategy and roadmap for the enterprise solutions.
For HealthCare Partners’ solutions, the Data Architect manages, monitors and analyzes performance (usage), efficiency (metrics) and fit (achieved business needs) to fully exploit data. The Data Architect participates to develop a common set of standards, methods and procedures used for each data discipline and recommends enhancements.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
Include other significant responsibilities needed to accomplish job purpose/goals that are performed on a daily or infrequent basis.
- Lead the development and deployment of new and/or enhanced data solutions throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that data development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Perform data evaluation, identification of potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with business system architects, designers, and system owners in the testing of new/enhanced data solutions.
- Manage and provide direction for the data team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Identify and resolve data errors.
- Provide data leadership and knowledge to project managers and programmers working on solution development.
- Review and analyze existing data solutions’ effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging data governance, definition and usage patterns.
- Design, develop and install enhancements and upgrades to data solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on data products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure that any new data solution meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications.
- Cultivate, disseminate and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices for data.
- Liaise with Enterprise Architecture, Business Technology Solutions and Information Technology Governance and Special Projects to coordinate delivery solutions.
- Cultivate, disseminate and enforce Information Technology policies, procedures and best practices, ensuring all Information Technology methodology and processes (Project Management, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Management including Release Management) are followed.
- Participate in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan planning, drills, data back-up, recovery and reconciliation testing.
- Attend technical trainings to stay up-to-date on business and technical trends and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and industry related work experience required.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in Data Development and Deployment.
- Demonstrate design, development and implementation of highly complex data solutions.
- Demonstrate logical approach to problem solving and high-level analytical capabilities, programming and related technical skills showing ingenuity and creativity, including an attention to detail and an understanding of business processes and constraints.
- Work within a change management framework that incorporates distinct development, test and production environments, solution promotion and deployment processes, as well as solution testing and defect management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of application system infrastructure, technology and concepts in an enterprise Information Technology environment, with the ability to grasp quickly new technologies, applications and concepts, and apply them as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, mentor, share knowledge and take on responsibility and accountability for assigned areas.
- Ability to organize and structure a growing inventory of data assets, and be able to design and maintain diagrams that can quickly convey the overall context of the environment/solution.
- Demonstrate experience in participating in multiple projects and ability to work with limited supervision, showing creativity, innovation, motivation, initiative and professionalism. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way.
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
The above job information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the job incumbent(s) and is not to be considered an all-encompassing description of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.